FAQ’s on studying
Good to see you here – we’re pleased that you’re interested in studying at FAU.
We appreciate that you can feel overwhelmed with questions before and during your studies. We have compiled a selection of the most frequently asked questions and linked them to the answers on our FAU web pages. Feel free to contact the Student Advice and Career Service (IBZ) if you can’t find any specific questions.
- How do I apply? (prerequisites, deadlines, degree programs subject to admission restrictions, enrollment etc)
- How much does it cost to study per semester? (semester fees)
- How can I finance my studies? (BAföG, casual jobs, scholarships etc.)
- Where can I live? (student accommodation, private housing market, tips etc.)
- What does the Erlangen and Nuremberg region have to offer?
- Where can I find out the best tips from other students? (student ambassadors at FAU)
- Can I get an idea of what it’s like to study while I’m still at school? (taster courses, Abi crash course in math etc.)
- Can I go abroad while I’m studying? (planning and organization)
- Can I complete a degree program with integrated practical phases or a degree program with an integrated apprenticeship? (Dual degree programs)
- How can I get off to a good start at university? (organizing studies, dates, schedule, introductory events, student associations (FSI etc.))
- How can I make a difference at FAU? (university policy-making, mentor program, university sports etc.)
Feel free to contact the Student Advice and Career Service (IBZ) if you can’t find any specific questions.
Watch some of the vlogs produced by our students to get an idea of student life and what it’s like to study at university.
Why not have a look?
How does uni work? –
Organizations at FAU (in German)
How can I prepare for a semester abroad? (in German)
All the best for starting out at university!