Industrial Engineering and Management (MSc)
Industrial Engineering and Management is a consecutive Master's degree programme with a standard duration of four semesters (two years). The following programme specialisations are available:
- Information and communication systems
- Mechanical engineering
- Business and Economics
- Finance, auditing, controlling and taxation (FACT)
- International information systems
In the first three semesters of the degree programme you will gain further knowledge of a discipline of engineering and a discipline of business and economics taking into account the latest research insights. You will also complete a project with a presentation. The fourth semester is dedicated to the Master's thesis which you have six months to complete and which demonstrates your ability to conduct graduate research. 120 ECTS credits are required to successfully complete the Master's degree programme. Graduates are awarded the degree Master of Science (MSc).
Master of Science (MSc) is an internationally recognised academic degree and a professional qualification. It qualifies graduates for doctoral degree programmes in Germany and abroad and for academic work in research and teaching. It also qualifies graduates for careers in business, administration and politics.
Applicants require a good Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (minimum grade 2.5). If the final grade is lower than 2.5, the applicant will be invited to an oral admission examination which lasts approximately 15 minutes. Applicants are assessed based on the following criteria:
- Good knowledge of the foundations of the subject
- Knowledge of a relevant specialisation
- Knowledge of the relevant literature
- A positive prognosis based on improving progress during their programme of studies
a) Consecutive degree programme for the following Bachelor's degree:
- industrial engineering and management
b) Related Bachelor's degrees/admission to the Master's degree programme possible with additional courses:
If you want to study abroad, you'll find information here: studying abroad.
Please find more detailed information on how to apply for a Master or advanced degree programme on the following website: https://master.fau.de.
Applicants must submit the following documents (applicants with a German university degree):
- two copies of the signed application form
- school leaving certificate (complete certificate)
- university degree certificate (for example, Bachelor's degree) if already available
- diploma supplement or complete overview of subjects and grades (academic record)
- complete CV (including photograph) bearing the date and original signature – please prepare your CV yourself, no templates available
- letter of motivation/application letter including the date and original signature – please prepare the letter yourself, no templates available
- registration form for the final examinations in the current examination period (if degree has yet not been completed)
Application via the application portal campo.
Degree type: Master of Science (MSc)
Type of study: Master
Location: Erlangen, Nuremberg
Standard duration of study: 4 Semester
Start date of degree programme: Summer Term, Winter Term
Admission: Qualification assessment
Early entrance programme: no
Part-time study: no
Faculty: Faculty of Engineering