International Business Studies (BSc)
Are you interested in business and thinking about an international career? Today the globalised economy needs managers who are familiar with the latest developments in the business world and also have strong intercultural skills. Both large corporations and small and medium-sized companies operate on a global level and often have production facilities abroad. This increases the demand for employees who can solve business problems in an international context.
The bachelor program in International Business Studies will teach you the fundamentals of business with a particular focus on international activities. You will spend three years learning about various business functions, such as marketing, logistics, finance, and foreign trade. Moreover, you will gain intercultural skills and learn foreign languages. The degree program includes a compulsory stay abroad during which you will learn how to understand and communicate with business partners and customers from different cultures.
Graduates of the International Business Studies degree programme can work in a wide range of areas in business. They may work at large industrial groups, international companies, and small and medium-sized businesses, as well as banks and consultancy companies. As they have more experience with international topics than other business graduates, they are especially suited to tasks with an international focus, such as
- assisting management with internationalisation
- planning international marketing strategies
- international marketing, managerial accounting, and sales
- supervising and supporting international employees
- working at international authorities such as the EU, ECB or EWF
- working in international divisions in large companies
- international tax and finance planning
This degree programme is suitable for prospective students who
- are interested in international business
- are interested in business and economics
- have an interest in other cultures and languages
- would like to spend time studying abroad
- A semester abroad is part of the degree programme. The large number of international partner universities makes organising your stay abroad considerably easier.
- FAU offers lectures on a wide range of business-related topics, allowing you to choose your own specialisations. You can also take elective modules from other subjects. Few other German universities can compete with the range of subjects on offer at FAU's School of Business and Economics.
- The School of Business and Economics has a special student organisation for international business students which is called „Int-Wiso“. It is an international community where you can make friends and meet other international business students. You also have the opportunity to hear about graduates' experiences through the organisation.
- You will be studying in Nuremberg, the second largest business location in Bavaria. The School of Business and Economics has close links with many different companies in the region, giving you the chance to make useful contacts during your studies.
- A high level of English is required because all compulsory courses are held in English and English is also often needed during the exchange semester.
- Although the degree program has an international focus, it also places great importance on ensuring that students gain a thorough education in business. It includes elements of business, economics and international politics, which can be quite demanding.
- You should be willing to study mathematics as it is an important part of the degree programme.
- You should be open to learning foreign languages as language courses are part of the degree programme.
- Many lectures are held together with students of the bachelor in international economic studies, meaning that they might not have the familiar atmosphere you might expect based on the number of new international business studies students.
The FAU website provides an overview of the current application deadlines as well as information on the selection process and how to apply.
Start date of degree programme: Winter Term
Degree type: Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Type of study: One subject Bachelor's degree programme
Standard duration of study: 6 Semester
Start date of degree programme: Winter Term
Admission: Numerus clausus
Size: (50-99 Students)
Early entrance programme: no
Part-time study: no
Faculty: Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law
Student Advice and Career Service
Student Advice and Career Service (IBZ)