International Business Studies (MSc)
International Business Studies is a modern Master’s program, that provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the complexity of international business. Students are supported in acquiring all the necessary skills required to succeed in an international environment. Special attention is given to the variety of approaches that firms choose to adapt their international operations to the diversity of laws, business practices, and cultures across the globe.
The emphasis is on increasing students' capacity to understand and analyse foreign operation modes and to make decisions related to foreign market entry and management strategies. Students develop essential communication and intercultural skills. A range of business language courses completes the international focus of the program and prepares students for a successful career in an international setting.
Admission to the Master in International Business Studies program is based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related subject
- Knowledge in business administration pertinent to the degree program
- Knowledge in statistics pertinent to the degree program
- English language proficiency
- Relevant experience abroad (at least three months outside of your home country)
- Introductory video
The program is designed for students who have successfully completed a Bachelor's degree in international business, business administration, management or a related subject, or a Bachelor's degree in another field, but with sufficient knowledge of international business.
You can find more information regarding the admission and application procedure here.
The program usually takes four semesters and is taught in English. A comprehensive understanding of the field is provided by core modules in the following areas (students have to choose 60 ECTS credits out of 90 ECTS credits of the following core modules):
- Environment of International Business
- Foundations of International Management
- International Strategic Management
- International Functional Management
- International Information Management
- Soft Skills
- International Finance and Corporate Governance
- International Corporate Sustainability
- International Relations
The elective modules focus on different area studies and allow the students to specialise in one of the following specific regions (30 ECTS):
- English-speaking countries
- Romance countries
The language of instruction in the elective modules depends on the chosen area. The elective modules include a language course (10 ECTS credits) relevant to the area.
You can find further information here.
Please find more detailed information on how to apply for a Master or advanced degree program on the following website: https://master.fau.de.
Degree type: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Type of study: Master
Standard duration of study: 4 Semester
Start date of degree program: Winter Term
Language: Entirely in English
Size: (currently 150-250 Students)
Faculty: Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law
Admission: Qualification assessment