This program leads to a Master of Science (MSc) degree and provides students with comprehensive knowledge of different tasks and instruments in marketing and market research. The master program focuses on teaching skills and scientific methods that can be used to solve problems and issues specific to marketing.
Interdisciplinary teaching throughout the program covers the fields of marketing, data science, psychology, communication science, information systems and statistics with strong links to practical applications, as well as current marketing trends such as digital marketing, e-commerce and sustainability management. The master program has a strong international focus.
In addition to courses taught in English, the School offers partnership programs with top universities in other countries.
This program is taught in German. Therefore, a good knowledge of German is an essential prerequisite to successfully completing the degree program. Proof of German language proficiency at DSH 2 level or equivalent is required for admission.
The target group of the "Master in Marketing" is graduates of a bachelor's program in economics from universities and colleges. In general, it is also possible to enter the Master in Marketing by means of a non-subject related course of studies. Admission requirements for all applicants are at least 50 ECTS in economics, at least 10 ECTS in statistics, and at least 10 ECTS in marketing.
Building on a comprehensive set of compulsory modules (e.g. product, communication, pricing and sales management), students can choose between the specializations in
- Marketing Research with specialisation in Data Science
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Management
In addition, students can choose from a wide range of compulsory electives to set their individual focus. The degree program is completed with the Master’s thesis in the fourth semester. The standard duration of the full-time Master’s degree program in Marketing is four semesters. Detailed information on the program structure is available in the examination regulations and the module handbook for the Master’s degree program in Marketing.
Many questions and suitable answers can be found in a FAQ list on the website of the study programme.
Admission requirements for the Master in Marketing are at least 50 ECTS in the subject group “Economics”, at least 10 ECTS in the subject group “Statistics” and at least 10 ECTS in the subject group “Marketing”.
Proof of the required ECTS (e.g. Transcript of Records, transcript of grades) must be submitted with the application and cannot be made up for during the Master's program. Please attach the respective meaningful module descriptions (English or German) of your proven ECTS in Statistics and Marketing. This is the only way they can be recognized. Subsequent recognition of achievements which you have not listed is not possible. The ECTS earned in the context of the Bachelor thesis are not included in the calculation of the ECTS to be verified.
If the admission requirements are met, the application documents will be checked with regard to the selection criteria. A total of 120 points are awarded within the quality assessment procedure. If the application achieves at least 70 points, admission is granted. Further information can be found in the examination regulations.
The participants of the Master in Marketing will be selected in particular on the basis of the following criteria:
- Preliminary grades from the Bachelor's programme
- Knowledge in the fields of economics, statistics and marketing
- Discussion of a given research article
Please find more detailed information on how to apply for a Master or advanced degree programme on the following website: https://master.fau.de.
The Master in Marketing can only begin in the winter semester. The application period begins at the beginning of February and ends on 31.05. each year.
The following documents must be enclosed with the application:
- Printed and signed application for admission
- University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate)
- Bachelor certificate if available (alternatively: proof of previous achievements with a stated average grade)
- Module descriptions of your university/college (English or German) about your knowledge in statistics and marketing
- Discussion of a given research article. Length: max. two DIN-A4 pages. Further information can be found in the examination regulations
To be added where approbriate:
- Applicants from non-German-speaking countries must prove that they have passed the German language examination for university admission (DSH) at level 2
- Please apply online here. Note that applications will be evaluated in the form in which they are received on the closing date for applications. This means that documents sent in after the closing date for applications (including subsequent submissions) will not be considered.
Degree type: Master of Science (MSc)
Type of study: Master
Standard duration of study: 4 Semester
Start date of degree programme: Winter Term
Admission: No Admissions Restrictions
Early entrance programme: no
Part-time study: no
Faculty: Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law