Mediation of Art (MA)
The main focus of the degree programme is the educational and psychological potential of artistic work. How does it affect people's development in different stages and situations in life? How can it be used in education? Students connect fundamental aspects of psychology, art history and education science with their own artistic work. They design, carry out and evaluate projects in different educational contexts which allows them to gain experience of academic work. Through direct links with education research, students gain sound knowledge of research methods.
- A Bachelor's degree in fine art, new media art, graphic design, product design, art education or a related subject. The Bachelor's degree must consist of 180 ECTS credits. Of these 180 ECTS credits, at least 70 ECTS credits must be on relevant topics
- Representative, printed and bound documentation of the student's own artistic work of at least 10 pages in length
- Written reflection on an art education project outside of school (minimum of five pages) which has a meaningful connection to the student's own artistic work and demonstrates the ability to work academically
- Application letter which reflects on the student's own artistic work in relation to other works of art
- CV including details of experience in art and education
Applications must be submitted online via Campo, FAU's online application portal for Master's degree programmes.
The degree programme always starts in the winter semester and has a duration of four semesters. Students complete three graded modules in each of the first three semesters. The fourth semester is spent writing the graded Master's thesis.
The first semester consists of the art education module 'Biography and art education' and two modules from art history and education. In the second semester, in addition to two art education modules – 'Art education project' and 'Artistic work' – students take a psychology module. In the third semester, students complete a placement, a module on empirical education research and the art history module 'The person reflected in artistic work'.
Please find more detailed information on how to apply for a Master or advanced degree programme on the following website: https://master.fau.de.
Degree type: Master of Arts (MA)
Type of study: Master
Standard duration of study: 4 Semester
Start date of degree programme: Winter Term
Admission: No Admissions Restrictions
Early entrance programme: no
Part-time study: no
Faculty: Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology